Thursday, February 3, 2011

A FEW THINGS #1


I collect a lot of things. They clutter up every surface in my home. It's about time I photographed some of them.

An old packet of Zig-Zag cigarette papers, given to me when I was at university by my friend Donna. She bought them back from Paris for me.

A small pen knife with moving images on the front and back. A lady dives and another plays tennis. I don't remember where I bought this, but I've had it for about a decade.

Silver butterfly wing cameo. I've had this since a was about 6. I think a school friend gave it to me (her parents are probably still looking for it). I used to have it bluetacked to the wall in my dolls house as art. I forgot all about it until recently.

Small pair of leather shoes attached to a pin with a dragon on it. Found in a Berlin flea market.

Tiny hand painted wooden shoes. My Mum sent these to me. She found them in amongst some of my Grandmothers things.

Macleans peroxide tooth paste pin. So perfect.

Green glass. Found in a junk shop. I love its green shadow.

Miniature cigarette packet made of tin. I'm still looking for the perfect thing to keep in it.

Click on the images to see them bigger.